About Heathrow Travel-Care
To assess, advise and assist anyone in, or potentially in difficulty at Heathrow Airport, including passengers, staff and those who are at the airport for other reasons.
In achieving this purpose, we respect diversity and strive to uphold individual human rights within the context of a busy airport operation and its community.
Current Range of Activities
Use the links on the right to find out more about our
- Day-to-day crisis social work
- Initial Humanitarian Assistance following an emergency involving Heathrow
- Other projects
Unique Selling Points
- Professional generic social-work expertise (with trauma specialism)
- Airport based location with knowledge of and working links with the airport
- Established and working relationships include: Heathrow based organisations, London Borough of Hillingdon and other local authorities across the UK and worldwide, Children and Families Across Borders, Prisoners Abroad, International Organisation for Migration, Foreign & Commonwealth Office worldwide network, Department for Culture, Media & Sport, Department of Communities and Local Government
- Information and advice about UK social care services for residents and returnees
We are well placed to respond flexibly and creatively to the needs of the airport community, and deliver a high standard of service to clients and referrers.
Our central airport location enables us to respond flexibly and creatively to the needs of the airport community, whilst also delivering a high standard of service to both clients and referrers.